The Dog Barks When the Phone Rings: An Engineer's Guide to Solving Problems
Designer: Brand: Kokomo Press LLC
Engineers want to get employed and stay employed.
The Dog Barks When the Phone Rings: An Engineer's Guide to Solving Problems targets engineering students and fresh graduates.
The transition from engineering school to real world problem solver can be rough. Suddenly, there is not just one correct response for a problem. There might be an infinite number of correct solutions, where some are simply better than others. Some problems are so layered and twisted that their solutions seem absurdly complex.
Arm yourself for success with the methods in this book:
- The Five Questions every problem solver must answer.
- The best and worst ways to communicate your ideas.
- New ways to see what other observers miss.
- Mastering the right tools.
- Six warnings to heed when you think you have a solution.
- Critical challenge questions you must answer before you declare victory.
Employers and customers cherish engineers who consistently meet their toughest challenges.Â This book delivers simple methods, practical advice, and entertaining stories to help you sharpen your skills.
This book is intended for mature readers.Â The author occasionally uses strong language to humorous effect or makes references not intended for children.