Libel and Privacy
Libel and Privacy by Bruce W. Sanford, one of the nation's leading First Amendment lawyers, provides media counsel with up-to-date information on handling libel cases and related issues.
The handbook explains how the U.S. Supreme Court is now approaching constitutional libel law and setting the boundaries for invasion of privacy suits. Comprehensive coverage of all key topics includes:
- Establishing effective techniques to avoid litigation by following the four-step review process
- In-depth treatment of "public person"
- Valuable settlement and pretrial tactics
- Winning trial tactics and cost minimization techniques
- Analysis of recent cases and new developments including those in the emerging cyber-like area
- Discussion of the landmark case Moldea v. New York Times Co. -- which the author argued and won
- An illustration of the legal and factual criteria governing the measurement of damages in libel actions
- And more