Introduction to Networks v6 Companion Guide
Introduction to Networks Companion Guide v6 is the official supplemental textbook for the Introduction to Networks course in the CiscoÂ® Networking AcademyÂ® CCNAÂ® Routing and Switching curriculum.
The course introduces the architecture, structure, functions, components, and models of the Internet and computer networks. The principles of IP addressing and fundamentals of Ethernet concepts, media, and operations are introduced to provide a foundation for the curriculum. By the end of the course, you will be able to build simple LANs, perform basic configurations for routers and switches, and implement IP addressing schemes.
The Companion Guide is designed as a portable desk reference to use anytime, anywhere to reinforce the material from the course and organize your time.
The bookâs features help you focus on important concepts to succeed in this course:
- Chapter ObjectivesâReview core concepts by answering the focus questions listed at the beginning of each chapter
- Key TermsâRefer to the lists of networking vocabulary introduced and highlighted in context in each chapter.
- GlossaryâConsult the comprehensive Glossary with more than 250 terms.
- Summary of Activities and LabsâMaximize your study time with this complete list of all associated practice exercises at the end of each chapter.
- Check Your UnderstandingâEvaluate your readiness with the end-ofchapter questions that match the style of questions you see in the online course quizzes. The answer key explains each answer.
How ToâLook for this icon to study the steps you need to learn to perform certain tasks.
Interactive ActivitiesâReinforce your understanding of topics with dozens of exercises from the online course identified throughout the book with this icon.
VideosâWatch the videos embedded within the online course.
Packet Tracer ActivitiesâExplore and visualize networking concepts using Packet Tracer. There are 40 exercises interspersed throughout the chapters and provided in the accompanying Labs & Study Guide book.