Geotechnical Aspects of Underground Construction in Soft Ground: Proceedings of the 6th International Symposium (IS-Shanghai 2008)
This volume comprises a collection of four special lectures, six general reports and 112 papers presented at the Sixth International Symposium of Geotechnical Aspects of Underground Construction in Soft Ground (IS-Shanghai) held between 10 and 12 April 2008 in Shanghai, China.
The Symposium was organised by Tongji UniversityÂ and the following themes were covered:
1. Analysis and numerical modelling of deep excavations
2. Construction method, ground treatment, and conditioning for tunnelling
3. Case histories
4. Safety issues, risk analysis, hazard management and control
5. Physical and numerical modelling
6. Calculation, design methods, and predictive tools
This volume provides a valuable source of information on the the state-of-the-art in geotechnical engineering associated with the design, construction and monitoring of tunnels and excavations in soft ground, and will be of interest to academics and professionals involved in these areas.