Beginning Python: From Novice to Professional, 2nd Edition (The Experts Voice in Open Source) (Books for Professionals by Professionals)
Gain a fundamental understanding of Pythonâs syntax and features with the second edition of Beginning Python, an upâtoâdate introduction and practical reference. Covering a wide array of Pythonârelated programming topics, including addressing language internals, database integration, network programming, and web services, youâll be guided by sound development principles. Ten accompanying projects will ensure you can get your hands dirty in no time.
Updated to reflect the latest in Python programming paradigms and several of the most crucial features found in Python 3.0 (otherwise known as Python 3000), advanced topics, such as extending Python and packaging/distributing Python applications, are also covered.
What youâll learn
- Become a proficient Python programmer by following along with a friendly, practical guide to the languageâs key features
- Write code faster by learning how to take advantage of advanced features such as magic methods, exceptions, and abstraction
- Gain insight into modern Python programming paradigms including testing, documentation, packaging, and distribution
- Learn by following along with ten interesting projects, including a P2P fileâsharing application, chat client, video game, remote text editor, and more
- Complete, downloadable code is provided for each project!
Who this book is for
Programmers, novice and otherwise, seeking a comprehensive introduction to the Python programming language.