An Introduction To the American Legal System, Third Edition (Aspen College)
The Third Edition offers updated laws, discussion questions and references throughout, and introduces new, Internet-based content with Loislaw exercises.
- A clear, accessible survey of the history and structure of the American legal system.
- A sensible four-part organization that begins with the origins of the law and continues logically through legislation and procedure.
- A well-crafted design includes learning objectives and chapter outlines.
- "Cases in Point" concisely illustrate how the law applies in the real world.
- Highly relatable, with real-life examples from a range of disciplines.
- Questions for discussion in every chapter point to high-interest issues for debate.
- Discussions of key U.S. Supreme Court decisions, such as Hamdan v. Rumsfeld, Crawford v. Washington, and Kennedy v. Louisiana.
- Contemporary topical coverage, such as the USA Patriot Act and international terrorism.
- Convenient Glossary of Legal Terms and The Constitution of the United States of America in the Appendices.
The Third Edition includes
- Thorough updates to all laws, discussion questions and references.
- New, Internet-based content, including Loislaw exercises.